Volunteer to be a WPCampus 2022 organizer
Benefits of being an organizer
All organizers will get a free conference ticket and a little extra organizer swag. And perhaps we can help with a travel stipend this year.
The roles we need
Here is a general list of the roles we need along with the count of folks we need for the role. Rachel Cherry will be involved in planning to make sure you have what you need to produce a successful event.
- Lead organizer, or Chair (1)
- Responsible for leading the meetings and making sure stuff gets done. We will provide an extensive to-do list separated out into months.
- Presenter coordinator (2)
- Responsible for recruiting presenters, building the program, and making sure presenters have what they need to be successful.
- Sponsor coordinator (1)
- Responsible for recruiting sponsors and making sure sponsors have what they need to be successful.
- Attendee/registration coordinator (1)
- Responsible for making sure attendees have what they need to be successful.
- Volunteer coordinator (1-2)
- Responsible for recruiting volunteers, assembling the volunteer schedule, and making sure volunteers have what they need to be successful.
- Marketing and social media coordinator (1)
- Responsible for making sure event emails and related social media posts are published.
- Technology coordinator (1)
- Responsible for making sure the website and any event technology are successful.
- Social activity/Swag coordinator (1)
- Responsible for coordinating social activities for the event and selecting, ordering, and distributing swag.
- On-site coordinator – Rachel Cherry
- Rachel will take care of this role. She will coordinate with Tulane on space and catering.
Usually, we have a “role sheet” where we list out the organizer roles along with expectations. We’re short on time right now and haven’t been able to assemble these sheets.
With that said, we want you to understand some basic expectations required for organizing:
- You will be expected to attend a weekly meeting for one hour
- You will be expected to help with action items related to your role
- You will hopefully be able to attend the event, but if not we will need to recruit and train someone to take over any duties during the event
- Time-wise, you should expect to contribute anywhere from 1-4 hours a week. Some weeks you may not contribute any time at all outside of the meeting.
- The time balance of your workload will depend on the role.
- For example, presenter organizers will be busy when we organize our schedule. Volunteer organizers will be busier closer to the event.
We hope these expectations don’t scare you away. Organizing these types of events can be a lot of fun and a great way to learn a new skill, e.g. event planning. We just don’t want you to get involved and then realize you had no idea what you were getting into. If you are willing to volunteer your time to produce our event, we want this time to be as valuable to you as it is to our organization.
Submit your interest in being an organizer
We’re going to keep things simple. Just share your name, email, and how you are wanting to help. Rachel Cherry will be in touch soon.