Would you like to help choose the location of the next WPCampus in-person conference? We’re looking for a few volunteers to offer an hour or two a week this June and July.
What you’ll be doing
- Meeting once a week (we’ll set the meeting to a mutually convenient time)
- Reviewing potential hosts, selecting top prospects based on established criteria
- Is the venue an institution close to an airport?
- Do they have livestreaming capabilities?
- Reaching out to possible venues by email or phone
- Selecting the 2020 venue so we can announce the location and dates at WPCampus 2019
How long we need you
- 1 hour a week for weekly meetings in June and July
- An additional 1-2 hours a week in June and July for contacting potential venues
How to join the committee
If you’d like to lend a hand on the selection committee, please fill out the form below.
Reach out to Elaine Shannon, the committee chair, if you’re curious to know more. You can find her in our Slack channel. If you’re not a member of our Slack channel, use our get involved form.