WPCampus seeks to provide a friendly, safe environment in which all participants can engage in productive dialogue, sharing, and learning with each other in an atmosphere of mutual respect. We are committed to providing a harassment-free environment for all, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices.
In order to promote such an environment, we require all participants to adhere to the following code of conduct. This code of conduct outlines our expectations for behavior within all WPCampus interaction and events (whether online or in-person), what to do if you witness or are subject to unacceptable behavior, and how organizers will respond.
This code applies to all WPCampus interaction and events (whether online or in-person).
- Treat other participants with respect
- Critical dialogue is useful, but should be constructive and collaborative
- Be aware of what is happening around you, and if you see anyone in distress, or witness unacceptable behavior, please contact the organizers (see below for how to do so).
- WPCampus does not tolerate intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning conduct by any participants in WPCampus interaction and events.
- Examples of unacceptable behavior include:
- offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices
- inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images, activities, or other sexual material
- sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise creating a sexualized environment
- deliberate intimidation, stalking or following
- harassing photography or recording
- sustained disruption of talks, meetings, or other events
- inappropriate physical contact
- unwelcome sexual attention
- advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
- To clarify, critical examination of beliefs and viewpoints does not, by itself, constitute hostile conduct or harassment. Similarly, use of sexual imagery or language in the context of a professional discussion might not constitute hostile conduct or harassment.
What to do if you witness or are subject to unacceptable behavior
Please contact a organizer. If preferable, you can submit a report online, which allows for anonymity.
You can submit an anonymous report. This form includes fields for identifying information but they are not required.
We can’t follow up an anonymous report with you directly, but we will fully investigate and take whatever action is necessary to prevent a recurrence.
You can make a personal report by:
- Submitting a conduct report online and including identifying info
- Message WPCampus staff via email or direct message in Slack
When taking a personal report, organizers will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. They may involve other organizers to ensure your report is managed properly. Once safe, we’ll ask you to tell us about what happened. This can be upsetting, but we’ll handle it as respectfully as possible, and you can bring someone to support you. You won’t be asked to confront anyone and we won’t tell anyone who you are.
Consequences of unacceptable behavior
Those found to be engaging in unacceptable behavior will be asked to stop immediately, and are expected to comply. Depending on the severity of the behavior, and the need to protect participants’ safety, those who violate this policy may be expelled from the community.
Attribution and license
This Code of Conduct was inspired by several others, including: