Do you work in higher education and use WordPress at your institution?
Would you be willing to help plan and host an event on your campus for other higher education WordPress professionals?
Do you wish to invest in higher education and bring web professionals from all over the world to your campus?
If you answered yes to all of the above, WPCampus is looking for a host for our 2018 conference. WPCampus 2016 and WPCampus 2017 were a great success and we’d love to bring our community to you for more education, networking, and, of course, karaoke.
WPCampus is a community and conference for web professionals, educators, and people dedicated to the confluence of WordPress in higher education. Our mission is to advance higher education by providing a support structure and wealth of knowledge for anyone who uses, or is interested in using, WordPress in the world of higher education.
Here are a few details/areas concerning the event that are important to us:
- We want the event to be held on a university campus.
- We’re looking for availability in early summer months (June/July), but this is flexible.
- We would prefer Friday/Saturday with the option to add Thursday for a 2-3 day event.
- We want to keep the cost reasonable for our attendees.
- We want to be close to an international or non-regional airport that has easily available flights.
- We want attendees to have access to on, or near, campus housing.
- What kind of catering options are available, or limited, by your venue?
- What are nearby entertainment options? We are quite fond of karaoke.
- We need at least 1 room that seats 200+ for main sessions and 3-4 rooms that seat 80+ for breakout sessions.
- Will there be available parking on-site or nearby?
- We need session recording/live streaming capabilities.
- We need strong wifi to support 200+ attendees during sessions.
- We need tech/AV support to ensure wifi and live streaming stay running.
WPCampus will take applications until midnight Pacific Standard Time (PST) on FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2017. The WPCampus planning team will evaluate the applications, reach out to each applicant to follow up with any questions we might have, and choose the location that best fits our needs and priorities in order to provide an amazing experience for all attendees.