Do you work in higher education and use WordPress at your institution?
The main event for the WPCampus community is our summer, in-person conference. It gives us a chance to come together (from all over the world) to learn, share ideas, network, and explore.
If you’d be willing to help plan and host an event, we’d love to bring our community to your campus. It’s a great opportunity to invest in higher education and education technology.
The most important details of the event are:
- We want the event to be held on a college campus.
- We’re looking for availability in mid July for a 3 day event.
- We prefer Thursday-Saturday.
- We want to keep the cost reasonable for our attendees.
- Donated or low cost space would be appreciated.
- We want to be close to an international or large, non-regional airport that has easily available flights.
- Within 15 miles of the venue would be preferable.
- We want attendees to have access to on, or near, campus housing.
- What kind of catering options are available, or limited, by your venue?
- What are nearby entertainment options?
- We are quite fond of karaoke.
- We need at least 1 room that seats 200+ for main sessions and 3-4 rooms that seat 80+ for breakout sessions.
- Will there be available parking on-site or nearby?
- We need session recording/live streaming capabilities.
- We need strong wifi to support 200+ attendees during sessions.
- We need tech/AV support to ensure wifi and live streaming stay running.
If you have questions, Rachel is always around. You can reach her on the WPCampus Slack or at rachel [at] wpcampus.org.
WPCampus will take applications until midnight Pacific Standard Time (PST) on FRIDAY, February 15, 2019. The WPCampus planning team will evaluate the applications, reach out to each applicant to follow up with any questions we might have, and choose the location that best fits our needs and priorities in order to provide an amazing experience for all attendees.