You can learn more about this session on the WPCampus 2016 website at https://2016.wpcampus.org/schedule/getting-to-wordpress/.
Getting started with WordPress is easy — unless you got started a long time ago in some other CMS, or Dreamweaver or even (shudder) FrontPage. But you and WordPress can still have a happy relationship despite your baggage! In this session, I’ll show you how to import almost anything into WordPress. I’ll share examples from real projects for each step of the import process:
- Setting up your ideal content model in WordPress
- Cleaning up your import for best results
- Importing from any other CMS, database, or HTML files
- Converting old content to custom post types, taxonomies, and modular fields
- Auditing and cleaning up content in WordPress
- Processes for long-term content strategy and maintenance